Welcome all Qortians!
Today I am very happy to announce that we’ve got RELEASE VERSIONS of the UI for Qortal, for WINDOWS, LINUX, AND MAC.
- This means you no longer have to build and run the UI server yourself
- You can still use the hosted UI if you don’t feel like running this or just prefer the simplicity, there is no difference in function.
- The release versions right now only use a LOCAL CORE node. So you will still have to install a core node for the UI to function.
- We have NOT TESTED THE MAC VERSION FULLY YET. We need some people to help with testing for that, and also to help with running the Qortal Core on Mac. Reach out in Discord if you’re interested and able to help.
You must still run the core on the same machine as the UI at this point. Do not forget to keep your core running. You do not need to run the UI once you’ve assigned your minting node to the core, unless you want to use it for something else. Only the core is needed to mint once minting key is assigned.
- Make sure you have the CORE running first
- Download the Qortal UI installer – https://github.com/Qortal/qortal-ui/releases/download/v0.0.3/Qortal-UI-Setup-0.0.3-6b08c2e.exe
- Run the installer, next next next finish.
- Search for ‘Qortal UI’ and run the app
- You will need to RE-SAVE your ACCOUNTS now, but you no longer have to worry about clearing your browser cache, clearing your saved accounts… since you will no longer be using the browser to access the UI.
Linux Version (.deb installer explained only. Other versions supported.)
Download Debian installer from – https://github.com/Qortal/qortal-ui/releases/download/v0.0.3/qortal-ui_0.0.3-6b08c2e_amd64.deb
Install and run.
Mac Version (as of yet untested, reach out to help.)
Download Mac Version – https://github.com/Qortal/qortal-ui/releases/download/v0.0.3/Qortal-UI-0.0.3-6b08c2e.dmg
(no instructions here yet)
All versions should be identical and act the exact same. Let us know if you have any issues, in Discord. Thanks!
Qortal moving along quite nicely. Auto-update of the core went well yesterday.
Here’s to the future!